Friday, December 23, 2005

Aidan Henry


Aidan Henry is the love of my life (actually I have two..the other one is my hubby, Wallace). He was born on August 9, 2005 @7:08am. Weighing 7lbs 10oz and 21 inches long. I still can't believe he belongs to Wallace and I. I have to pinch myself now and again ( that's probably why I have so many bruises in my arm) to make sure that Aidan is really ours. After four months three weeks, he is now 16lbs 9oz courtesy of the formula we're feeding him.

Aidan's nickname during my pregnancy was Milo. I couldn't stand referring to the baby growing inside me as he or she. I was trying out various names a day and settled on Milo to my husband's dismay. How did we decide on Aidan Henry? It was a toss up between Ethan or Aidan, if the baby was a boy and Alyssa Josephine, if it was a girl. We chose Aidan because it was more unique, and I've always liked the name Aidan, since I "discovered" the actor Aidan Quinn. Henry is my father's name, which I wanted to give tribute to. I'm lucky that Wallace also liked the names.

Well it's Christmas eve, this will be Aidan's First Christmas. For his first Christmas, we went all out with the family portrait, photo with Santa, bought him a Santa Claus outfit and bought gifts. Thank goodness, I have friends who reminded me to not buy out the stores because he'll probably receive tons of gifts. I'm really excited to share Aidan's First Christmas with families and friends.

Thank goodness I finished shopping a week ago, I just have to wrap Wallace's presents, which I hope I can find after stashing it away (so that he couldn't find it).

Have a very Merry Christmas to all of you and your family.

No comments: