Sunday, April 23, 2006

Survived the last few weeks

It's been a busy few weeks. With the Easter holiday visiting family, Altered Book round robin, workshop samples for the store, and projects I'm glad I survived the last few weeks.

Just to get back into my zen and in my relaxing mode, I started cleaning up the garden, that way we'll be set for planting in May. I'm so tempted to start planting but it's still too early. I want to hold off just in case there's frost. Okay, okay, okay! I did broke down and bought some tulips (yellow and red) and hyacynth (hoping it's white) but it's for the black urn on our porch. I already planted it and what a difference. It just brightens the front whenever I pass it.

Wallace is redoing the brick work he did on the front flower bed. He based it on Fibonacci numbers (pattern). It really looks nice. He already started by doing a mock up on a hardboard, cut it out and laid it out on the front and spray painted lawn where the new flower bed will be. Now, for those of you who have been at our place, Wallace actually redid the flowerbed last year in the summer under intense heat of 39 degree celsius. But he wasn't happy with the layout, so the planning of the new flower bed started in March and underway. In a way, it's good that we both agreed that the flower bed had to be redone....we described it as two lopsided boobs. LOL!

No comments: