Saturday, October 21, 2006

Day at the Creative Festival Show

I had a good day, but very tiring. I was able to spend a day with friends at the Creative Festival Show. I helped at Carmi's booth for a few hours in the early part of the day. She is selling this new wonderful line of paper from Dove of The East. The 12"x 12" scrapbook pages were cardstock quality and nice design; embellishments were so elegant and beautiful.

At the Creative Festival, Carmi did this awesome jean design for Christine Bentley to be auctioned off for Sick Children Foundation. Various Canadian celebrities donated their jeans to have an artist design the fabric and auction it off for a great cause.

Then off I went shopping....my strategy for the day was to buy supplies for the Holly Jolly Show that I'll be doing on November 25th. I had a shopping list and managed to find most of the supplies I needed and then some. Today's outing inspired me to start working on my inventory for the Holly Jolly, once again (I took a week off from beading; cardmaking...etc).

I'm also looking for a new sewing machine and looked at Janome products. Expensive but very nice. I'll continue scouting sewing centres around town....at least now I have an idea what I'm looking for.

No comments: