Thursday, October 26, 2006

It Really Hit Home!

Today wasn't a good day. It started off with a managers' meeting with my new Director. I understand that there's a new direction from upper management, but I'm not sure I like his management style. I will definitely keep my head up high, long enough to keep a float and go with the flow.

Then I found out that my coworker's son, died this week. His son was born with a congenital heart disease and has been in and out of the hospital. It really hit home when I went over to talk to my coworker who sent me the news. I just started bawling my eyes out. This motherhood really did some wacky rewiring of my emotions. I dont' even want to imagine the pain they are going through.

When I came home tonight after a company's event, I broke the # one rule when Aidan is sleeping. I slipped into his room and hugged him. Surprisingly, I didn't wake him up I always wake him up when I check in on him....and that's why I''ve been forbidden to check-in on him.

I was going to work on my art homework for the Extraordinary Club Meeting. But my heart was just not in it.

Today has been an emotionally draining day.

No comments: