Saturday, January 27, 2007

Twilight Zone

The last two weeks seems like I've been living in the twilight zone. As I finished my vacation on Jan 14, I ended up getting sick with a flu / cold like symptom during the weekend. This lasted a few days which I ended up calling in sick (Monday & Tuesday); and working from home on Wednesday. What a way to end my vacation!

The next week and a half was just a blur trying to catch up on emails from work, which seems to pile up; attend two funerals in a span of four days and tending to my sick little man (who had a fever during the week). It's no wonder I end up falling asleep on the sofa 90% of the time.

Driving tonight was exhausting.....talk about white knuckling (is that a word...oh well!). I drove to Ajax to attend a Funeral Visitation. It's bad enough I didn't know where I was going, I'm looking at this map (printed from maps.google); while I'm driving and trying to look at signs in a visibility of zero (okay...I'm exaggerating but damn that snow was coming down).

...It reminded me of the time I went to Orangeville to visit my friend Julie who gave birth to Jennifer on January 18 in the early 1990's. It was snowing at that time and getting heavier as I headed north. As you go further north, the visibility was zero, you can't barely see what's in front of you except for the headlight of the car in front of you. Hoping that you don't follow the car into a ditch or into another car. Yikes...Now that was white knuckling. I can't believe I actually drove in that condition. To this day....I questioned my sanity for driving in that condition. Wallace said...I was young and foolish. I agree.

All I have to say is....TGIF!

No comments: