Wednesday, May 23, 2007

First Bike Ride of the Year

I always dread the first bike ride of the year...it seems that after a few months of hibernation from bike riding, the first bike of the year, always feel like it's my very first time on my bike ever. Feel awkward; trying to figure out the gears; which side brakes the back and front of the bike. Aaargh!

We went to Taylor Creek Park through lower Don Valley trail up to Cosburn. I was really doing well; enjoying the weather and I decided to brake quickly before a hill. Down I go....I landed on my right arm in front of Aidan. I think I traumatized Aidan because he was looking at me with this really serious and concerned look for the rest of the ride home. My right arm was bruised, the pain during my initial spill felt like I may have broken something, but after rotating; flapping it around, it doesn't feel like it's broken....just badly bruised.

The next morning my arm was pretty stiff and achy....so I decided to make an appointment with my doctor to make sure it's not broken. It got better at the end of the day, but I can't do much lifting with my right arm.

Went to see my doctor on today and after examining it, he's confident that it wasn't broken....more badly bruised than anything. He just asked me to get it x-rayed just in case. The x-ray technicians are the last people on earth that should be handling any people with broken parts of the body or sprained area.....because they don't know the meaning of care. They will ask you to contort your body until they get the right angle for the xray and they have the nerve to ask "does that hurt"....Oh brother!

I guess we'll see after a few days, if it's less bother some. It must be okay because I can still type away.

No comments: