Saturday, October 27, 2007

Michael DeMeng Workshop

I originally heard about Michael DeMeng from Carmi and Karen who has taken his classes at Art and Soul. I was thrilled to hear that Carmi was bringing Michael DeMeng to Toronto early this year and I didn't think twice signing up for his workshops. I didn't know what to expect when I was taking his class but I'm so glad I did. It's an amazing two days of basic of colour mixing (DeMeng style), collaging and layering.

The 3D-Polaroid class is all about using a polaroid photo and manipulating the image and using the frame to create this finished piece.














This is from my second workshop Tunnel Vision














This piece was a lot ligher when I finished it during the workshop but I worked on it a bit more on Thursday and I'm really happy with the final piece.

Michael's 30-min Critique: The workshop ended with the Good, the Bad and Ugly theme song which followed Michael DeMeng's 30 minute of critiquing each students' work. It's amazing to see the man in action, highlighting and providing his feedback, in a constructive manner on his/her piece of art work.

No comments: