Sunday, January 06, 2008

Carmi's Felt Exchange

I'm not exactly sure what I got myself into, but I have a sewing machine, embellishments and some felt. I guess I'm good to go. It's a good challenge for me to tackle my ineptness on the sewing machines. It's quite pathetic, considering my grandfather was a tailor. It must run through our blood...somehow. LOL!

Here's what I have to do (Mission Impossible theme playing):
  • You need to make 12 felt samples.
  • You ship 11 samples to me (keeping one for yourself) and you will receive 11 completely different ones from me via mail (hopefully in time for Valentines Day).
  • There is no theme.
  • Your felt object must be the result of some sort of a stitch or felt tool technique. In other words, a glued object is not acceptable. You can hand sew or machine stitch the object together using pre-made felt.
  • There is a size maximum. Your felt sample or felted object can't be bigger than 6 inches or smaller than ½ inch.
  • Any type of felt is acceptable for you to use including: the cheap pre made felt used at schools, recycled wool and the more expensive wool roving you felt by use of tools.
  • You can make two-dimensional or three-dimensional objects.
  • You can add embellishments such as beads or lace, but the embellishments can't be more than 30% of the overall felt object.
  • I will need $6 from each participant in order to ship these back via a box. You can mail the $6 or have me send you a pay pal invoice. (If you are from the USA or abroad it will cost extra to ship to you…but I would love to have you join us! I'll give you a shipping fee later. It will probably be $2 - $10 extra depending on distance.)
  • You need to get them to me by January 30th. You can’t be late. If you know me, you know that I say this with all due respect "there is no such thing as late." I'll mail your samples back to you if you miss the 30th deadline.

No comments: