What I thought about is to review the Dream List I created in 1999 and see how I'm doing. This is a “To Do” list for my life. This encompasses many things I aspire to do in my lifetime and is a constant reminder to get off the couch!
I started a list in 1999 and totally forgot all about it. I was watching Ellen DeGeneres in 2005 and she has did a Life List which made me revisit mine. I've been working through my list and added to it, as I go.
Dream List to accomplish in 2008
- Lose 20lbs from 156lbs.
- Improve Sewing and start making pillows, curtains and fabric art. In Nov 2007, I created a fabric art using my sewing machine for the first time. I think I found my calling. LOL!
- Workout and swim on a regular basis. Two or three times week.
- Eat Right - follow Weight Watchers's philosphy.
- Cleanup and box up my art supplies, as part of the basement Renovation.
- Renovate Basement - create recreation room and workshop area.
- Set up my eBay store and sell all my excess art supplies.
- Watercolour painting.
- Take Aidan to Disney World.
- Go skating with Aidan and Wallace. I really suck at skating, so I should add...not to break a leg in the process.
- Learn Photoshop.
- Get together more with friends in Toronto.
- Keep in touch with families and friends in New Jersey, California and Philippines.
- Make my Christmas Cards in advance.
- Manage my time (i.e. do things in advance, so that I don't have to do it last minute).
- Keep my blog up-to-date.
- To get art work published in Somerset Studio.
- Travel to
(see the Pyramids) Egypt
- Travel to West Coast. Went to
Vancouver, but would like to go back. San Francisco in 2004,
- Visit Tofino,
North Vancouver, BC
- Go to Europe (
Paris, Rome, Florence, Tuscany, ) w/ Wallace & Aidan Venice
- Visit my cousin Angel, nephew Mike and cousin Grace in California.
: Went in 2005 with Aidan and Wallace (Completed) Nova Scotia
- Return to East Coast (including
- Travel to
- Setup a Christmas Gift Show at home.
- Buy a house. Done deal, bought it in 1999.
- Get Married. A Dream come true. I've been married for 7 years.
- Improve French. Although I have not taken a course since 2006, butI have been practicing on my victims...rather my team in Montreal.
- Go on a Carribean Cruise. Dream Cruise came true in 2000 - Honeymoon.
- Sell Cards / jewelleries / journals / starbooks. (Started selling in 2001 - Holly Jolly and Artisan Market)
- Setup a Business. (MDW Designs - Completed).
- To teach at a store (Teaching at Bizzy B and SOS Club- on-going).
- Travel to
. Went three times (or was that four (2001 to 2004). Vancouver
- Have a couple of kids. Started in 2005. I had Aidan Henry.
- Mont-Tremblant Vacation (Summer 2007).