Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Possession of Urn

The Cardinal Funeral Home finally called me this morning letting me know that my aunt's ashes is ready to be picked up.   I told the funeral home that I'll pick up the ashes tonight after work.   I didn't think about it until leaving at work, that I'm going to have  my aunt's ashes for 4 days and 5 nights at my house....so I started getting jittery about having it in my possession, let alone picking it up.   

For those who don't know me, I've shied away from watching horror movies because I end up imagining things that are not there.   It doesn't help that my brother and hubby feed into those weakness occasionally.    I debated about delaying picking up the ashes, even called Wallace to ask for his opinion.  In the end I picked up the urn.  

As I was driving home, the smoke from the exhaust started to take form  (see what I mean about my imagination going wild).  At any case, I thought to myself, my Aunt Gloria would be sad, if she finds out that I got scared of having her ashes in my possession.   I started feeling better about it and not being scared of it.  After all, it is my aunt's ashes, neatly placed in a beautiful green marble urn.  Oh boy is it heavy.

RIP my dear aunt. 

2 comments:

irenka said...

Yes Marissa you need to think that your aunt loved you dearly. If in fact anything she would love it that you were have a special time with her even in her present state. Nothing to fear.

MarissaDW said...

Irene thank you for your note. I really appreciate it (-: