Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Redeemed myself

For Wallace's birthday I attempted to make a birthday cake last Friday, but it turned out to be a dud.   For one thing, the recipe is supposed to make four individual cakes (on a rameken); it was a quick baking time which is perfect because I was meeting Wallace for dinner.  While I was preparing the cake, I realized that I only had two ramekens, but I went against my better judgement and went ahead made the cake and placed it in a round cake pan.   Well you know what happened.    It baked quickly but it was so dense.
















So, last Sunday I made another cake...a chocolate raspberry layered cake.   
















Lessons learned:
  1. Follow instructions to the letter, DON'T DEVIATE.  
  2. Don't rush, find plenty of time to bake.  If you're short of time, it's best not to start. 

5 comments:

uncertainvoyage1 said...

lol. He is just sooo darn cute.

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Happy Birthday Wallace! Eat more cake, is such a good motto.

julie said...

hi marissa, nice to see that you're married and have a son now, hope you still remember me, this is julie teodosio one of your childhood friend from manila before, thru God's blessing i'm here in canada now, i am married to a canadian and living here in london, ontario, jojo was the one who gave this site to me, hope to talk and see you someday, take care, my email is juliechatterson@yahoo.com

irenka said...

Happy birthday Wallace. Cake look great. Thanks for the advice.

Susan Williamson said...

The cake looks scrumptious. I definitely want one of those for my birthday!