Monday, January 19, 2009

Tribute to a Special Person

For those of you who are not aware, my Auntie Glo has been in the hospital since Dec 13. She fell down; hit her head and was rushed to the hospital on the 13th. A CT scan revealed a brain tumor and a couple of tumors in the pelvic area.   
She passed away peacefully on Sat. Jan 17 (12:15pm) at St. Mike's hospital. It's really hard to see someone who has always been a strong individual (on the go, active with the church) and to see her immobilized by the disease; complication of surgery and age)....it's really heartbreaking to see her that way.

You could say that she has become the matriarch of the family, since both my parents passed away. She's been a good provider, a good spiritual influence and always thinking of everyone else. I've been blessed to have her be my part of my life. You will always be remembered and loved. Rest in peace my dear aunt.

6 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Oh Marissa, this is so sad. I'll be thinking of you. Take care.

jojo said...

Our heartfelt sympathy from all of us(your neighbors arlegui,mla.phils).Received your email already.do take care i know aunt glo is in good hands.

Sharon said...

Marissa my dear. This is such sad news. I know how close you are to the aunties and the passing of auntie glo will leave a big hole in your heart. Hoping that the family will bring you comfort and ease your pain. I'm thinking of you.

irenka said...

I'm sorry to hear of your aunts passing. I thought by your attentiveness she was a special lady. The world is a better place because she was part of your life. You will be fondly in my thoughts and prayers.

MarissaDW said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it. She is now resting peacefully and in a better place.

Susan Williamson said...

Marissa, this is a beautiful image to post in memory of your auntie. My thoughts are with you.