Friday, May 29, 2009

Started Training for the "Rat Race"

I've been doing exercise on and off the last few months and finally registering for the Scotiabank Rat Race motivated me to start training today. I went to the gym and went on the treadmill for 20 mins. and did some weights. It's a good start...didn't want to shock my system...LOL!
Well I'm not sure I would go this far.

The Scotiabank Rat Race for United Way is a 5k fun-run and costume party held in the heart of Toronto’s business district. It brings together a motivated, energetic, and imaginative group of supporters to raise funds for our community, supporting initiatives that work to address root causes of our city's social issues and a broad network of agencies providing services that improve peoples' lives.

Since 2001, The Scotiabank Rat Race has evolved into a popular annual Toronto event. In 2008, over 1200 runners scurried under foot raising $400,000 for United Way Toronto.

No comments: