Friday, May 08, 2009

Wonderful Experience at Habitat for Humanity


This is Mary my Crew Leader of the day.

Today I took part in the Habitat for Humanity where my company partnered with a client for the Women's Build in Scarborough.   It was an amazing day where 100 women spent the day hammering away to help build portions of the homes for those in need.  I was part of Day 8 of a 9 day Women Build (Blitz).   The forecast of the day was partly cloudy but it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.

My muscles were sore at the end of the day but it was a great experience and was glad to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Bravo to you. I've always wanted to do that! Let me know when the next one comes up...please.

MarissaDW said...

I think there's one for July 28 and Aug 11. I'll let you know.