Saturday, June 20, 2009

Results

As many of you know, I ran the 5km Rat Race on June 18, downtown.  It was surreal how many people did the run.   There were a lot of energy which made it fun.  I completed the race and came in 1081; 491/736 in the Female category at 41:54 mins.   My pace was 8:23 mins / km.  I was debating whether to post it but this is great accomplishment on my part and wanted to share it.

I'm also back on track with my 10lbs. Challenge.  I've been going the wrong way in the last two months, but prepping for the run, made me trim off what I've gained.  I'm -1.0 lbs. from when I started in January.   Starting again with my weight lose challenge, hopefully I'm more successful in my feat.

My next target is to run the Terry Fox Run at Wilkett Creek park in September (10km).   So it should motivate me to continue losing weight and prep for my next goal.

2 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

We are all so proud of you. You'll be in great shape now after the run and ready to go with a bumped up metabolism, no doubt. I'm on my own personal second challenge. I think it will be the "5 at a time" challenge this round! ((((Big Hugs))))

irenka said...

We are indeed proud of you, and I'm in training. I've always wanted to do the Terry Fox Run, so maybe if I get sponsors I'll go for it this year before I'm too old. As I sit here eating an Ice Cream.