Saturday, July 04, 2009

Museum Alley

I must have been really tired when I was posting my Day 2 (July 3) entry, I forgot to mention that we spent the day checking out the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum. We gotthere by taking the Grayline Hop On Hop Off Trolley tour. It was a pretty good tour of the city and managed to get some facts about Chicago.

The Shedd Aquarium was incredible with the Caribbean Reef 360 aquarium; Oceanarium where it housed the penguins; seals and otters. Aidan decided he wanted to be penguin for the afternoon and donned a penguin costume.

The Field Museum was another amazing place for kids and adults alike. The Sue exhibit (dinosaur exhbit) was breath taking. I don't know where they rank in the dinosaur exhibit but they rank # 1 to me. It had 1300 exhibits, in which 90% are fossils and bones. The rest are casts or replicas. Amazing!

On our way back to the hotel, we checked out the Taste of Chicago at Grant Park and Millenium park. All the walking certainly helps the fastfood diet we've been having.

No comments: