Saturday, July 04, 2009

Rainy Fourth of July


We spent the day at Navy Pier / Children's Museum. The weather was less than perfect, it rained for most of the afternoon but it cleared up around early in the evening. I wanted to stay for the 4th of July fireworks but I got overruled by Aidan and Wallace. In the end it might have been a smarter decision, as there were tonnes of people streaming into Navy Pier, as we were leaving. We felt like salmon swimming upstream. It would have taken us a long time to get back to the hotel. I ended up enjoying a stop at Borders and picking up a Somerset Studio mag and postcards.

The museums in Chicago are amazing, there are lots of things to do for kids and adults alike. At Children's Museum, we ended up building a little house; Aidan climbed a netted "jungle gym" (which I was a nervous wreck but my little guy was amazin); cooked for us at the Children's block party and invented some flying machine.

Hopped on to the Ferris Wheel and believe it or not didn't even mind the height.

2 comments:

nancy said...

looks like your having a great time!!you've inspired me to visit!

andy said...

Oh! I miss Borders -- there was a Borders I used to frequent when I was in Indy.