Friday, August 07, 2009

Lolo Henry


Lolo means grandfather in tagalog. I've was talking to Aidan about my dad last night and referred to him, as Lolo Henry to Aidan. I mentioned to him that it's his birthday coming up Aug 7 and that Lolo Henry is my dad and instantaneously he said "you mean Yeye!".

I thought that was a cool that he was able to connect the concept even though he hasn't met my dad.

My dad always liked Bonsai, but between him and I, we've never been able to grow or keep one for more than a year. Once in awhile, I've attempted to grow or maintain a bonsai because it reminds me of him, but it always seem to dry up and die on me. One day....I'll get it right. In the meantime, I do have some wonderful houseplants and orchids that are thriving...okay with the exception of two orchids that went on the yellow side (due to change of temperature in the house, AC kicking in etc - you get the picture).

You will be forever in my thoughts and heart.