Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stroll at High Park

I grew up in the west end and I remember going to High Park when I was younger with my brothers and father either to go swimming or to take a stroll in the park.  I vividly remember the magnificent garden on a steep hill, the cafe that used to be called Grenadier Pond restaurant and the High Park Zoo.   
Today, I went back to my stomping ground, what seems like eons ago.   I went back with Aidan and Wallace to stroll through the High Park zoo and that magnificent garden.   It brought back great memories.

4 comments:

andy said...

Did you hear that a wanker let loose the animals at High Park zoo?

Irene said...

The animals are loose? Reminds me of the Pride of Bahgdad. Did the park feel smaller to you. I know when I returned to a favorite park when I was grown up I thought it had shrunk.

andy said...

The cage locks, fences and chains were broken during the night of Tue 25-AUG-2009 and were rounded up by the police and zoo workers rounded them up the next morning. Some people simply have a surfeit of energy and severely lacking in everything else!

MarissaDW said...

Yeah, I heard it the same day that we went to High Park....on the way there. It looks like they rounded them all up.