Sunday, September 06, 2009

All I Want Is My Front Tooth

While eating dinner tonight my front tooth broke off my implant post.  It's more of an annoyance to get it fixed and I will be definitely self-conscious about smiling or talking for that matter.  Hmm.  It doesn't help that Aidan's school has an Open House and Orientations scheduled this week, where the parents are invited for two mornings this week.  How embarrassing?  I guess I'll just have to suck it up!

A funny thing during dinner...When my tooth fell off, 5 mins. later, Aidan was mocking me by taking piece of corn in his mouth and pretending that the corn was a tooth and it fell out of his mouth.  I almost fell off my chair when I saw him do it and started laughing my head off.   I wonder where he got his sense of humor.    The night went on, with further tooth related jokes both from Wallace and Aidan.  How nice is that?

4 comments:

Irene said...

Oh I'm sure Aidan will soon find out how it is to have a tooth fall out. did you put it under your pillow for the tooth fairy?

Carmi said...

Don't they have a fake temp replacement in the drug store? There should be something you can do in the short term......in the mean time...you'll be Mona Lisa to us.

MarissaDW said...

I'll be hiding behind my hands when talking to Aidan's teacher. On the bright side, the dentist office called me today, I have an appt. tomorrow in the morning, after school's Open House.

andy said...

You'll be fine, sis... your upper lip will just get an extra workout until it is repaired. As for my little old nephew, I'll have to tickle him more when I see him next to get back at his laughing at your expense... the nerve of that little imp :D