Thursday, September 17, 2009

Alphabet Geographic Travel Tag Exchange

Lately, I haven't been joining any card or tag swaps in the SOS Club I've been a member for years.  This summer, I decided to join the Alphabet Geographic Travel Tag Swap.  I know it's a mouthful.   I chose the letter E, not by choice.  By the time I joined the exchange it was slim pickings.   I'm surprised E was not chosen, because I thought of Egypt, instantaneously.

Here's my tag:
  • I used this tissue paper I bought years ago from Deserres with the Egyptian image.
  • Stamped a hieroglyphic tablet and Nefertiti image on shrink plastic with Stazon ink; coloured the Nefertiti image with gold ink; robin's nest blue and red.  
  • Took a white cardstock, cut it to size and printed the word EGYPT.
I had fun doing this, it was a good challenge.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Tell us about SOS and your new tag club, where do you find these things?

MarissaDW said...

I found out about SOS from Carolyn Disher. She recruited me years ago and I just kept my membership. For more info on regular meetings and happenings, see the website.

http://sostampers.tripod.com/