Monday, January 04, 2010

Words to Live By for 2010

...or is that List to Live by in 2010.   In the National Post, Dec 31st, 2009 issue - Guide to A Good Life peaked my interest and the following kind of stood out for me, that I will try for 2010, on top of the Life list for 2010.

Never Eat Lunch at Your Desk.  This really caught my eye because I've been doing it throughout 2009.   Wallace reminded me that I can use this time to workout at the Goodlife Fitness, which is just a few minutes away from work.


Know How to Change a Tire.  All these years that I've been driving, I haven't the need to change tires.  I know there's always CAA but it definitely doesn't hurt to know how to change a tire.


Read a Literary Classic a Year.  This is going to be a challenge for me, as I like the action, mystery and adventure type of book.   This is definitely going to be a challenge.


Cook something every single day.  The article says heating up microwave meals, toasting bread, making eggs count.  So I think I'm up for the challenge.   Well I did create a new blog MarissaDW's Kitchen - http://marissadw-kitchen.blogspot.com/ which will hopefully inspire me to try a new recipe, not necessarily everyday.


Life List to accomplish in 2010

Eat well, Exercise well and Sleep well.
Declutter.
Sell stuff on eBay.
Join Zumba Class
Try New Recipes for Dinner.
Try New Cookies and dessert Recipes (Cheesecake, Tiramisu, Nanaimo bars).
Learn how to use my Nikon D90 camera.
Use my Bamboo.
Learn Photoshop.
Run the Scotiabank Rat Race (5km). Faster time than 2009.
Run the Terry Fox Run (10km)
More Winter sports.
Organize a Street Sale.
Take Letterpress class at Kozo Studio.
Design and create my website for MDW Designs.
Do more Sewing.
Go to Washington DC in the spring to see the Cherry Blossoms.
Go on another cruise - Disney or Caribbean.

    3 comments:

    Irene said...

    This sounds like a great list. I started my kitchen blog last year and I just eat more. I do cook everyday though, always have. My goal has to eat healthier, and bake once every other week not every week. I just eat it all and now I need to join a gym.

    andy said...

    Love that you're doing this stuff, sis... just be careful what right-wing pap you read off that rag, The National Post, though. The spew there is particularly odious :D

    Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

    Hmm makes me think of making my own list! :^)What is a zumba class?