Saturday, February 13, 2010

"Bizzy" Night!

I haven't been exchanging ATC(s) at Bizzy B lately, just haven't had much time to make them.   But I finally signed up for the February ATC Exchange and it was last night.  The theme was Steampunk.  What is Steampunk? 
  • Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction and speculative fiction, frequently featuring elements of fantasy, that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world wheresteam power is still widely used — usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era England — but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer occurring at an earlier date. 
I found some images on the "net" and made a simple ATC by doing 3-D effect.  I was going to used Distress ink on the borders or as ATC background, but it was too messy looking.


There were lots of people who I haven't seen in months, I did get a chance to chat a bit but didn't stay for the exchange, just to drop off my ATC(s).


Afterwards, I had to dash off to dinner with friends who I also haven't seen since December.     It was good night catching up.  It was nice to see Carmi's mom.  She's the sweetest lady and full of amazing stories.  I love her to pieces.

I got home in time to see the Winter Olympics' Opening Ceremonies.  It's was an amazing show.   I love the Olympic Theme song, sang by Nikki Yanofsky, it made my hair stand on end when I first heard it.  I'm proud to be a Canadian!




What should have been a celebration of athletes  coming together, the Winter Olympics started with a horrific accident that resulted in Georgian luge contestant Nodar Kumaritashvili's death, during a practice run.    Deepest sympathy to his family and may he rest in peace. 

1 comment:

Irene said...

Carmi's mom does ATC? I'm so glad you are getting back to doing what you are so good at. Kiss that little Valentine of yours for me. Mine are so big a kiss has to be someplace no one see them.