Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Skating We Will Go

My work had a company Family Skating Day at an arena north of the city today. It's the 2nd time Aidan is on regular skates and I would have to say that he is a natural. Wallace was holding on to him during the first few laps around the rink, after awhile he told Wallace that he didn't need his help. I'm amazed at his determination to skate on his own and be like dad. However, he received mnior cut on the lip when he was getting up from one of his fall apparently Dad's knee got in the way.

5 comments:

andy said...

You both look so cute -- glad to see he doesn't look like the Great Kazoo anymore with the helmet on! Somehow, you look younger in this pic, sis!

Irene said...

Good for him, and the cut will heal, he's a brave little guy. I took my kids for lessons, since I don't skate, and I think it was the 9th lesson of 10 before my son actually was able to stand up, he crawled around the rink or shuffled, it was pathetic, he hated it and I forced him knowing this is one of the activities they did at school, and he thanked me many years later, that he didn't feel like a geek not knowing how to skate, complete torture for me though.

martha brown said...

aaaawww. I'm going skating on the weekend. Wish me luck!

andy said...

Sis, whatever you do... don't click on that link above... sounds like some phishing link!

MarissaDW said...

Irene..I know what you mean.

Martha...Good luck, wear long coat, at least you'll have some padding. But I"m sure you'll be fine.

And...thanks, I deleted the comment.