Monday, May 03, 2010

Gardening Season Begins

My rule of thumb is to wait until after Victoria Weekend, to start gardening.  However, this year is an exception, it's been so mild, I was drawn to the garden centre at our recent Home Depot visit.

Wallace started the summer project last weekend with removing the parquet flooring well on its way, so I had to start my gardening.  The blooming tulips at the front inspired me to start buying annuals and additional perennials, and cleaning up the garden.   It also inspired me to do a quick paint with kids' paint, while I was entertaining Aidan and his friend Angela.

3 comments:

andy said...

You should go to sleep instead of staying up this late, M.

nancy said...

great inspritation!!
love the painting
p.s.
i have some "splits" from my garden for you!
your favorite moonlit masquerade!!
e-mail me

Michelle Cummings said...

what a wonderful idea to paint your garden!