Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Murphy was in Town


Yesterday was my first day back in the office and all I can do is laugh because it started out with getting locked out my laptop.  Luckily one of the guys came to the rescue and provided me with a bootable CD so I can reset my password on my laptop. I just realized why I got locked out, the keyboard was sticking on a couple of my keyboards and one of the keys broke off.

When I thought I was making progress, I realized that my network connection wasn't working.  Again one of my guys came to the rescue and found one of the network guys to fix it.  It turned out the connection was disabled.  I guess that's what happens when you're not using it for a few weeks.

I had skating lessons last night.  I didn't realize I had to a get a helmet.  So off I went to the nearest Canadian tire. (not sooo bad).  Made it to my skating lesson and it went well.

On my way home, I stopped off at an Esso station to fill up the car.   CIBC fraudulent was doing a really great job at monitoring....my card was declined.  But did manage to pay other means.

Ready to go home....well my car decided it wasn't ready 'cause the car wouldn't start.   It turned out that the battery died on the car.    Wallace and Aidan came to the rescue and tried to charge the car.  We ended up calling CAA 'cause the car wouldn't charge.  We waited for an hour with a cup of hot chocolate, donut and ginger molasses cookie, while Aidan played games on my iPhone. 

Thanks to all my rescuers.......

No comments: