Sunday, May 15, 2011

In the Thick of Things....


Normally I would avoid being in the midst of traffic when a big event requiring road closures occur (ie.Toronto Marathon).  Unfortunately that was not the case today.   I had to fly out to Montreal via the Toronto Island Airport.   Needless to say, it's right smack in the middle of the Toronto Marathon.  After a busy morning with swimming; picking up soccer uniform and info and lunch, Wallace and Aidan tried to drop me off the Island airport, but there was too much gridlock and there's no road  from the east to get to Bathurst and Lakeshore without going around the city.    It didn't take much pursuading from Wallace - where he suggested to  take the shuttle from the hotel Intercontinental hotel (usually it was at the Royal York Hotel, but it was moved for the duration of the Toronto Marathon).  With two hours still on the clock before my flight and already at Lakeshore and Bay, I hopped out of the car and trekked through the Skywalk until I came across the Intercontinental HOtel.  Has luck would have it, the shuttle was waiting at the front of the hotel, as I came up from the escalator.  With an hour to spare, I made it to the airport (incl....the shuttle ride; ferry ride; security check and had enough time to have my latte at the Cafe lounge.
 
Safe and sound....here I am in Montreal until Thursday for a leadership training.

2 comments:

andy J.S. Decepida said...

Lead on, MacMari :)

Mary C. Nasser said...

Glad your safe and sound. :)

So glad, too, that I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html