Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brenda's Photo Challenge - Theme: Dog Daze of Summer

Dog Days were popularly believed to be an evil time "when the seas boiled, wine turned sour, Quinto raged in anger, dogs grew mad and all creatures became languid, causing to man burning fevers, hysterics and phrensies".   In this BPC challenge, the host's translation is it's the hottest, most humidly miserable days of summer.  This is okay by me, so here's my photos for the challenge:

on Meditation Rock

Fishing
Relaxing on the beach
My heartfelt condolences to Brenda and her family, she suddenly lose her husband this last week.   My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Marissa

8 comments:

Donna said...

I didn't know that's what they said about dog daze! Guess I learned something new today! Love these photos of your SON, having fun in the SUN! hahaha!!!!

Out on the prairie said...

Great selection of photos, I do alot of that around here.

SUGAR MOON said...

Is that the same cute little boy or is there two of them. Either way cute kids and pictures.

WR said...

Beautiful and delightful photos! Sleeping on the sand is just the thing.

Jeanette said...

I think you captured the dog daze perfectly! Good job!!

Donna said...

Beautiful shots! He's adorable!!
hughugs

Jeanne said...

That's interesting information about where 'dog daze' came from. You also captured the dog days of summer very well!

Brenda said...

Summer daze are a perfect enjoyment for children. Wonderful captures!