Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall Fair

In October just before Hallowe'en, Aidan's school has a Fall Fair (fete d'automne)  We donated some baked goods and did some brain cupcakes.   I have to admit, Wallace helped with the applying the icing on this one.   I made the chocolate cupcakes and the buttercream frosting.  Luckily we kept some for ourselves, because by the time we got to the Fall Fair, it was all gone.
Brain Cupcakes (les cerveau petites gateaux glaces)     Yum!

One of my favourite pumpkins - up for auction.


Let me see, there were the usual activities, such as pony ride; petting zoo; bouncy castle; but there were some new activities - fishing games; picking lollipop for a stamp and beading booths. I also put my name for some of the raffle prizes.  I bought three tickets and apparently, I was told by one of the parents that I won.  Hmm.   I know I didn't win the "movie night" package.  Could it be the dinner at Il Fornello and movie night tickets or the four bottle of wines.  Hmm.   It definitely was great day!

Now if I can only win the Lotto Max or 6/49, the way I win raffle prizes and contests....I'd be in heaven.

1 comment:

andy J.S. Decepida said...

Did a double-take on the "brain cupcakes" then I realized it IS halloween coming after all !!! :)