- copy patterns in nature
- lift patterns from architecture or textiles
- paste actual sewing pattern pieces into your sketchbook as layers in a collage
- explore your personal artistic patterns -- maybe even try to break them
- make rubbings from patterns you find in your kitchen junk drawer
- take photos of interesting textures and trace them in sections to create patterns
- make repeating stamped images with unexpected objects
Saturday, September 01, 2012
Sketchbook Challenge - September Theme is Patterns
In the Sketchbook Challenge the September Theme is Patterns. I've had this on my side panel for quite awhile and haven't really been participating. The September peaked my interest, so I'm going to try to post something for September.
THE THEME FOR SEPTEMBER 2012 IS:
decorative designs, as for wallpaper, china, or textile fabrics
natural or chance markings
distinctive styles, models, or forms
There are so many absolutely endless ways to incorporate patterns into your sketchbook.