- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and butter until well blended.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in mashed bananas and mix until just moistened and blended. Do not overmix. Fold in chopped nuts and mix well. Pour into prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen around edges of cake with a knife or spatula. Remove onto wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired replace chocolate chips with 1/4 cup (175 ml) nuts, or use both nuts and chocolate chips (1/2 cup).
- For this recipe, I added some shredded coconuts, to change it up.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Christmas Baking: Day 2: Banana Chocolate Bread
Serves 8 to 10
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
9x15 inch (2L) metal loaf pan, greased
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 4 to 5 medium)
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips