Friday, March 22, 2013

Ride To Conquer Cancer - June 8

Wallace is participating in the  "Ride to Conquer Cancer" on June 8, 2013 from Niagara Falls to Toronto.  I'm helping him to raise money for the ride benefiting The Campbell Family Institute at The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research hospitals in the world.  This is in memory and to help immediate family, friends and relatives who have been affected by Cancer.   Your support would be greatly appreciated.


Thank you for your generosity!  

 ____


Hi

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to an early Spring. I thought I would share an event I am involved this year with and at the end, if you wish, provide you information to support me.
I'll be participating in a 2-day major cycling event called The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting The Campbell Family Institute at The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research hospitals in the world.

I'll be cycling over 200 kilometres that weekend, from Niagara Falls to Toronto, with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to The Princess Margaret to support cancer research, treatment, and services. The Princess Margaret is Canada's leading comprehensive institution devoted to cancer research and care, and the work they're doing is leading-edge. I am fortunate, in that cancer has not afflicted anyone in my immediate family, but throughout the years I have known and lost friends, colleagues and relatives who have.  Research at the National Cancer Institute of Canada show 171,000 estimated new cases of cancer in Canada this year and 75,300 estimated deaths from cancer in Canada this year. That's why I'm riding. To do something BIG about cancer. 

I'll be putting in lots of bike training time this Spring so that I'm prepared for the ride. I'm sure it will be a memorable adventure as well.

Wish me well, and if you do want to contribute to my fundraising efforts please visit my personal page at the address below.

Conquer Cancer – Wallace’s Link

I've agreed to raise at least $2,500, but I've set my personal goal to [INSERT PERSONAL GOAL]. So here's where you come in, because I need your help to do that. Could you please consider making a donation of $100? Use the link at the bottom of this email to go visit my webpage, and please take the time to support me. Please keep in mind the commitment I'm making to end this heartbreaking disease and the personal efforts I'll have to make to accomplish this.

When I say "heartbreaking," here's what I mean: research at the National Cancer Institute of Canada show 171,000 estimated new cases of cancer in Canada this year and 75,300 estimated deaths from cancer in Canada this year. That's why I'm riding. To do something BIG about cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Best regards,
Wallace

No comments: