Saturday, January 16, 2016

Minding Ones Business

went grocery shopping this morning just before Aidan's hockey.  I was getting my cart and next to me was a lady with two beautiful, healthy  looking toddlers on hand, also getting a cart.  Out of the blue, this older lady came up to her and said , kids should be wearing hats in the cold weather like this.   Adding insult to injury,  she solicited my opinion. Don't you think that if you have kids they should be wearing a hat.  It took me by surprise and responded- it's her daughters and they look fine and walked away.    What I really wanted to say is mind your own business.


Afterwards, I did approach the lady with the kids and asked her if she was okay because it's clear that she was upset.  I just told her that she shouldn't get upset over someone who clearly should have minded her business.  

What irked me about this is that the busybody
- didn't see the care it took her to get her kids out the car, as she happened to be parked next to me and witnessed her gentle nature
- didn't see that this lady was stunned and almost in tears when I approached her afterwards.
- didn't see that she had one of those covers you put on the cart to protect her kids from germs.

For whatever reason she had for not putting a hat on her kids, it's really her prerogative.  And we shouldn't really judge.  You don't know what is going on in their lives.

Simply  Mind your Own Business.

1 comment:

andy J.S. Decepida said...

Your actual vocal response was fine... if she couldn't connect the dots, I'll volunteer to paint them on her forehead.