- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and butter until well blended.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in mashed bananas and mix until just moistened and blended. Do not overmix. Fold in chopped nuts and mix well. Pour into prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen around edges of cake with a knife or spatula. Remove onto wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired replace chocolate chips with 1/4 cup (175 ml) nuts, or use both nuts and chocolate chips (1/2 cup).
- For this recipe, I added some shredded coconuts, to change it up.
Welcome to my blog entry for the OWOH - One World One Heart Event where bloggers get to meet new friends, renew friendship and get inspired. I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm a mixed media artist and love to create with different media. I love making cards, creating beaded jewelry; journaling and taking photographs. I'm a night owl and do most of my work at night when my little guy is asleep. I also teach at a local rubberstamp and scrapbook store. My hubby is very patient with my abundance of art supplies, packed in the basement. My little guy is also very creative and I try to post his creation on my blog. I have a black cat - Minx who adopted us six years ago.
To all my last years blogger friends and new friends, thanks for joining One World One Heart. Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy this magical experience.